BEES AID TO HUMAN LIFE
If All Bees In The World Die, Humans Will Not Survive as food and bees are directly connected to each other. At least one third of the agricultural crops depend on pollination which is in turn provided by insects and other animals, bees being one of them. In this age of industrialization, it is noted that out of 1, 950 species of bees, 1, 700 are extinguishing at a rapid pace thus leading to a decline in human’s health. Food is in shortage so that the last resort is artificial foods which undoubtedly are harmful for the body; the more artificial food consumed lead to early death and harmful diseases.
As bees pollination provide 89 % of food found on store shelves, EU’s environment commissioner Karmen Vella argues that the study made on the decreasing trends of bees over 25 years findings’ were surprising .The fact that bees are a keystone to the ecological system of the world, The International Initiative for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Pollinators was established by the 5th Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) as a cross cutting initiative within its work on agricultural biodiversity. The annual value of global crop pollination by bees has been estimated at €153bn globally and €22bn in Europe.
From an environmental aspect, bees help maintain a proper balance in nature; they bring an invaluable contribution to ecosystems around the world. They visit male flowers, cover themselves with pollen and then visit the stigma of female flowers ultimately the female flowers fertilize and form a seed . Later on, these develop into fruits and flowers. Other animals feed on the latter so that they are able to guard part of the food chain and the biodiversity of our species.
On the other hand, pure honey from wild bees is known to be cure to several different kinds of diseases saving people from suffering death. A delice and natural sweetener, raw honey including bee pollen contains high content of antimicrobial agents which is full antioxidants. Used for acne , treatment against flu , cleaner of liver and digestive tract, used for treatment of diabetes and high blood pressure, eczema reliever, honey os recommended for most health issues which human beings may come across.
What's more, bees help to detect bombs. Scientists from DARPA , who have been working with bees for the past decade, guarantee that bees can beat dogs when it comes to sniffing particles used in the manufacture of bombs after being trained, Experiments were carried out using sugar-water-reward process. More research is done to see how bees can naturally help in detecting the presence of drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine.
- Liverpool and Plymouth fans remembering Daniel May
- From Prince to George Michael: Remembering the celebrities who passed away in 2016
- Five known facts about Parkinson's disease
- Fatal collision for Magda Tadaj in Croydon
- Antibiotic resistance: 1 death every 3 seconds in 2050
- Religious women less likely to die early
- Reduced death risk with coffee
- How can drugs kill?
- Bloomberg telecaster Paul Gage died from aneurysm
- Journalism ‘legend’ Eric Langton died of cancer at 67
- Award-wining Belarusian journalist Pavel Sheremet murdered in Kiev
- Investigative journalist William Gaines passed away with Parkinson disease
- Athletics mourning death of veteran journalist Mark Ouma
- Award-winning journalist Sydney Schanberg, hero of the film "The Killing Fields," died
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer's deaths by alcohol
- Natural disasters: More than 600,000 dead in 20 years
- Million deaths from curable cancer people a lack of access to radiotherapy and surgery
SOCIOLOGY OF DEATH
QUEST FOR IMMORTALITY
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Biological death v/s Clinical death. When does a person really die?
- Organ donors; new concern for them following drug overdose.
- The new corporate world : well dressed,stressed and depressed.
- BEES AID TO HUMAN LIFE
- Melanoma: high risk of death among pregnant women
- Osteoporosis: premature death due to fractures for elders
- Blood test: premature death’s biomarker
- Reduce the risk of premature death by regularly consuming spicy foods
- Premature death: link between air pollution and heart disease