Fatal collision for Magda Tadaj in Croydon
Magda Tadaj, from Streatham, was killed after being hit by a lorry on Monday 23 May, 2016 in Croydon. Police, medical and paramedical services tried by all means to save her life. The 25-year-old cyclist was pronounced dead on the spot of the accident at the junction with Lansdowne Road. (Article extracted from Croydon Advertiser, June, 01, 2016)
Phoenix Foster, 26, from Carshalton, witnessed the whole scene, He told the Advertiser that he wanted to call out the cyclist's family. "I am a cyclist myself and the first thing that came to my mind; it could have been me. I was hoping to get a message to her family to say that she wasn't alone and someone was there the whole time."
According to the post-mortem, which took place at Croydon Mortuary, she died from multiple injuries. A 48-year-old lorry driver was under arrest on doubt of causing death by sloppy driving and failing to stop at the scene. He obtained bailed until mid-September in anticipation of further enquiries by the Metropolitan Police.
Magda Tadaj is a Polish and a former student at South Thames College, graduating in the last academic year. Friends and families paid great tribute to her leaving bunches of colourful flowers on the bridge where a blue tent was erected. A note wrapped around a bouquet read as follows: "You are the best person I met in my life. I will miss you so much." One, written in Polish, translates as: "Madziu (slang for Magda), you were the greatest friend."
The responsible of Croydon Council's transport held talks with his staff, ward members and NGOs over apprehension of the street's design. The Advertiser also spoke to Stuart King, a cabinet member for transport and environment. He is waiting for a full report on the accident from the police and will be organising an on-site visit this. The Croydon Cyclist Campaign showed concern over the lack of cycle lane. Austen Cooper called it as a "very poor design".
- Liverpool and Plymouth fans remembering Daniel May
- From Prince to George Michael: Remembering the celebrities who passed away in 2016
- Five known facts about Parkinson's disease
- Fatal collision for Magda Tadaj in Croydon
- Antibiotic resistance: 1 death every 3 seconds in 2050
- Religious women less likely to die early
- Reduced death risk with coffee
- How can drugs kill?
- Bloomberg telecaster Paul Gage died from aneurysm
- Journalism ‘legend’ Eric Langton died of cancer at 67
- Award-wining Belarusian journalist Pavel Sheremet murdered in Kiev
- Investigative journalist William Gaines passed away with Parkinson disease
- Athletics mourning death of veteran journalist Mark Ouma
- Award-winning journalist Sydney Schanberg, hero of the film "The Killing Fields," died
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer's deaths by alcohol
- Natural disasters: More than 600,000 dead in 20 years
- Million deaths from curable cancer people a lack of access to radiotherapy and surgery
SOCIOLOGY OF DEATH
QUEST FOR IMMORTALITY
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Biological death v/s Clinical death. When does a person really die?
- Organ donors; new concern for them following drug overdose.
- The new corporate world : well dressed,stressed and depressed.
- BEES AID TO HUMAN LIFE
- Melanoma: high risk of death among pregnant women
- Osteoporosis: premature death due to fractures for elders
- Blood test: premature death’s biomarker
- Reduce the risk of premature death by regularly consuming spicy foods
- Premature death: link between air pollution and heart disease