Journalism ‘legend’ Eric Langton died of cancer at 67
Eric Langton, who was editor of three weekly newspapers, has died on August 4, 2016, after battling cancer for seven years. He worked namely for Runcorn & Widnes Weekly News, Flintshire Chronicle and the Chester Chronicle where he retired in 2011 after winning numerous industry awards
The 67-year-old journalist had been diagnosed with cancer just after he celebrated his 60th birthday.
Along with his wife Olivia, the couple went to Tuscany where he underwent treatment.
With his 40-year career, having also worked for Liverpool Echo and Daily Post, Eric Langton was a familiar figure in the regional press. Tributes have been pouring since the sad news of the death of the award-winning editor was announced.
Current Chester Chronicle editor Michael Green said: “Eric was my editor-in-chief for a number of years until he left the business and I am proud to say he was someone who may have started as a chief but ended up as a friend.
Chris Walker, the regional managing editor for Trinity Mirror North West & North Wales Ltd, said: “I greatly liked Eric. Not only was he a great worker, he made me laugh.”
Liverpool Echo editor and editor in chief of Trinity Mirror North West and North Wales, Alastair Machray portrayed Eric Langton as a ‘hugely-gifted journalist and the supreme of colleagues. The world of journalism has lost one of its legends. Eric was a genuine professional who easily recognized a story and how to grip it.
- Liverpool and Plymouth fans remembering Daniel May
- From Prince to George Michael: Remembering the celebrities who passed away in 2016
- Five known facts about Parkinson's disease
- Fatal collision for Magda Tadaj in Croydon
- Antibiotic resistance: 1 death every 3 seconds in 2050
- Religious women less likely to die early
- Reduced death risk with coffee
- How can drugs kill?
- Bloomberg telecaster Paul Gage died from aneurysm
- Journalism ‘legend’ Eric Langton died of cancer at 67
- Award-wining Belarusian journalist Pavel Sheremet murdered in Kiev
- Investigative journalist William Gaines passed away with Parkinson disease
- Athletics mourning death of veteran journalist Mark Ouma
- Award-winning journalist Sydney Schanberg, hero of the film "The Killing Fields," died
- Reduced risk of Alzheimer's deaths by alcohol
- Natural disasters: More than 600,000 dead in 20 years
- Million deaths from curable cancer people a lack of access to radiotherapy and surgery
SOCIOLOGY OF DEATH
QUEST FOR IMMORTALITY
QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Biological death v/s Clinical death. When does a person really die?
- Organ donors; new concern for them following drug overdose.
- The new corporate world : well dressed,stressed and depressed.
- BEES AID TO HUMAN LIFE
- Melanoma: high risk of death among pregnant women
- Osteoporosis: premature death due to fractures for elders
- Blood test: premature death’s biomarker
- Reduce the risk of premature death by regularly consuming spicy foods
- Premature death: link between air pollution and heart disease